- 1⁄2 cup dry split peas
- 1⁄3 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup pearl barley
- 1⁄3 cup dry lentils
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup alphabet pasta or 1⁄2 cup other small macaroni noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 quarts water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 1/2 pint jar, layer the first eight ingredients in the order listed.
- Seal tightly.
- To prepare soup, carefully remove macaroni from the top of the jar and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, or Dutch oven, brown beef; drain.
- Add the water tomatoes and soup mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the reserved macaroni, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the macaroni, peas, lentils, and barley are tender.