Berliner linsentop is the German word for this. I found the recipe in an 1984 recipe book of World Best Vegetable recipes. Posted for ZWT6
- Combine lentils,water and bacon in a large heavy saucepan .
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes and continue to cook until lentils are tender about 15 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and sugar.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Place in serving dish and keep warm.
- Melt butter in skillet ;saute onions and parsley over medium heat until onions are transparent.
- Spoon over lentils.
- Serve hot.