Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This refreshing mixture is perfect for summer, and perhaps even as a satisfying winter dish served sautéed instead of chilled. Enjoy this simple, earthy template as-is, or have a little fun by customizing it with your own additions. Keep me posted if you come up with any particularly tasty combinations!
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 1 red ripe tomato (small)
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- black pepper
- red wine vinegar
- Combine ingredients and mix well, tossing lightly until evenly-coated.
- Add pepper and red wine vinegar to taste (a good dash of both will do).
- Refrigerate until chilled to your satisfaction.
I did take your advice and customized this, adding potatoes and subbing a bed of arugula for the zucchini. It was a great combo!