1/2 Photos of Lentil Walnut Burgers
I love the rich, nutty flavor of these delicious burgers. I don't think of them as an alternative to meat, but a tasty patty standing on it's own merits. It's delicious served with a creamy, mushroom sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine walnuts, breadcrumbs, garlic, cumin, corander, pepper flakes, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor.
- 2Process until finely ground.
- 3Add the lentils and 1 Tablespoon oil; pluse until coarsely chopped.
- 4Some of the lentils should remain whole.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk egg.
- 6Add lentil mixture and stir well.
- 7Divide the lentil mixture into 4 equal size parts, and roll into balls.
- 8Flatten them into 3/4 inch patties.
- 9Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet.
- 10Add burgers and cook over medium low heat until crisp and browned, turning gently after 8 to 10 minutes.
- 11Cook another 8-10 minutes.
- 12Serve on buns as a sandwich, adding your favorite garnishes: tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, etc.
- 13Or, serve as a main dish with your favorite sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Walnut Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.6
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 87.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 9.9 g