These look really good! I haven't tried them, but will be doing so in the near future.
Make and share this Lentil & Veggie Tostadas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tostadas
- 2 cups assorted chopped vegetables (such as broccoli, tomato, zucchini, and or or yellow summer squash)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a medium saucepan stir together water, lentils, onion, cilantro, salt, cumin, and garlic. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes or until lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to mash the cooked lentils.
- Spread the lentil mixture on tostada shells, top with vegetables and cheese.
- Place on a large baking sheet.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the head for about 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Yumm, these are great. Super quick and easy as well. A great week night meal. I used a low fat cheese and instead of using pre made tostada shells, I baked corn tortillas until they were hard. I topped with spicy salsa when they came out of the oven. I love how the veggies are just cooked- keeping them a little crispy. Thanks for posting, will make again for sure.
This recipe is a staple in our home. I use brown lentils and chopped zuchinni and yellow squash for the veggie.Such a nice change. Thanks for posting!
Excellent, tasty recipe - I placed my tostado shells on a pizza pan, (the kind that are full of holes) to keep the bottom crisp - it worked! I Had a mixture of 10 veggies, Snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, bamboo shoots, waterchestnuts, red & yellow pepper and Onions. I wanted the vegetbles to be hot so I heated them just before filling the tostados. I didn't cook them just heated them through -Heated the lentils too Tasted great - you don't miss meat with this recipe. Thanks Jamie Lynn Great recipe