Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful stew for cold days.
Make and share this Lentil Vegetable Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml shredded carrot
- 118.29 ml diced unpeeled sweet potato
- 118.29 ml chopped sweet red pepper
- 14.79 ml chopped garlic
- 236.59 ml dry lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- In dutch oven or soup pot, bring apple juice to a boil.
- Add onions; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, sweet potatoes, peppers and garlic.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add lentils, broth, cumin, curry powder and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is a good lentil recipe. It had a strong cinnamon taste, next time I would leave it out. I think the recipe serves more than 4 servings, more like 6.