Recipe by Tish
Got this off Put Health First site and I couldn't find it here on 'zaar. If I don't put it here I'll never be able to find such a healthy looking recipe when I'm looking for it! Hope you like it too!
- 4 cups dry lentils or 4 cups canned lentils
- 1 (14 ounce) can pitted black olives
- 1 stalk celery, diced or chopped finely
- 5 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 small white onions, peeled and diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 clove garlic, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large zucchini, peeled and diced
- 2 small yellow squash, peeled and diced
- 2 whole white sweet corn cobs, peeled and cut off the cob
- 3 -4 quarts vegetable stock, depending on desired thickness
- 1 tablespoon paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lentils in 4 qts boiling water for 15 minutes then reduce temp and cook for 4 hours or open cans of already cooked lentils and pour into a big pot.
- After lentils are somewhat soft add the rest of the ingredients one by one and the salt and pepper last.
- Cook until all ingredients are tender.