Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
The flavor in the is soup is amazing, it great on a cold day.
Make and share this Lentil-Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups water
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large red potatoes, diced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic, saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer until lentils and rice are tender and soup is thick, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.