- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) canspicy tomato juice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, undrained (from 28-oz can)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup fresh corn or 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 small zucchini, cut into julienne strips (2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat onion, chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic and tomato juice to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in water, lentils, tomatoes and chiles. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in zucchini. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until lentils and zucchini are tender.