- 150 g puy French lentils
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 160 ml light coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the Puy lentils and place in a large pot with enough cold water just to cover. Bring to the boil and keep boiling for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, cumin, coconut milk and soy sauce and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked.
- Add spinach in the last few minutes until wilted.