1 hr 15 mins
This is a great recipe for using up leftover turkey!!! I doubled the recipe when I made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium leeks (well rinsed & thinly sliced)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & chopped
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Melt butter over med-high heat.
- 2Add leeks, carrots & celery and cook until leeks are softened.
- 3Stir in bay leaf, thyme, rice & chicken stock.
- 4Cover & bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium low & simmer 30 minutes.
- 6Stir in lentils & turkey.
- 7Cook until rice is tender (about 25 minutes longer).
- 8Remove bay leaf & thyme sprig.
- 9Stir in parsley & pepper just before serving.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil, Turkey & Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 421.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: