Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is a modification of a recipe I found in Consumer Reports Health magazine. I love it because it's tasty and healthy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 cups lentils
- 8 cups water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (2 inch)
- 2 large tomatoes (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery
- Heat oil and cook onion and garlic until they're soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add potato, lentils, carrots, water & rosemary to pot. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove rosemary. Add pepper, salt, italian seasoning and tomatoes. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and cook for 5 more minutes.