1/1 Photo of Lentil & Tomato Soup
This is a really quick to put together and good for those cold winter days. Now that my husband doesn't eat meat, I use vegetarian stock and leave out the bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat butter (or oil) and cook onion and bacon till beginning to brown.
- 2Stir in lentils, add stock, tomatoes and their juice and stir well.
- 3Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20-30 mins until lentils are cooked.
- 4Liquidise soup in blender, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Garnish with a swirl of cream, serve with crusty bread or toast.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil & Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.5
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 191.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: