Great for spreading on a crostini or in a sandwich with sliced hard-boiled eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 44.37 ml black olive paste or 44.37 ml finely chopped oil-cured black olives
- 29.58 ml capers, rinsed
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and coarsely chopped or 2.46 ml anchovy paste
- 19.71 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 1Combine lentils and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until very tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 2Drain the lentils and garlic and transfer to a food processor.
- 3Add olive paste (or olives), capers, anchovies (or anchovy paste), lemon juice and oil; puree until smooth.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Scrape into a bowl and stir in rosemary.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Tapenade
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.9
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 111.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black olive paste