Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great for spreading on a crostini or in a sandwich with sliced hard-boiled eggs.
Make and share this Lentil Tapenade recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons black olive paste or 3 tablespoons finely chopped oil-cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and coarsely chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Combine lentils and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until very tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drain the lentils and garlic and transfer to a food processor.
- Add olive paste (or olives), capers, anchovies (or anchovy paste), lemon juice and oil; puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scrape into a bowl and stir in rosemary.
Was going to add this recipe, glad to find it already here! Delicious and easy. I've taken it to several parties, and it's a lovely change from cheese/dairy based dips. Tons of flavor. I sometimes sub a different herb for the rosemary, which I'm not always fond of.