1/3 Photos of Lentil Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
This is my own recipe combining several of my favourite ingredients. This can be altered in a variety of ways, including adding different vegetables such as cauliflower or white potato, adding grilled chicken, paneer or a tin or two of chickpeas. This makes a substantial batch, which I usually portion out and freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 g oil (or butter)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 75 g fresh ginger, minced
- 150 g white onions, diced
- 2 red chilies, seeded and chopped finely
- 1/4 cup curry powder (I use Schwartz)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 350 g red lentils (dry, rinsed)
- 700 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 200 g courgettes, chopped
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- 2Sauté the onions, garlic and ginger until onions are tender, but not browned.
- 3Add the curry powder and stir through.
- 4Add the lentils, sweet potato and courgette, stir and just barely cover with water (you can use vegetable or chicken stock if you prefer).
- 5Reduce heat and simmer covered for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the lentils are tender. If there's quite a bit of liquid you can add more lentils. Add salt to taste.
- 6Add coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes.
- 7Serve over rice, with naan or just enjoy on its own.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 413.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 16.1 g