Recipe by Sueie
Tasty, healthy side dish or can be served as a main for vegetarians. Reheats well for lunch next day to take to work.
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rice and lentils in boiling and cover.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and slowly fry the onion until golden brown.
- While that is frying, slice the tops off the tomatoes and reserve.
- Scoop out the middles and chop.
- Add rice and lentils to the onion and mix well.
- Stir through the mint and season to taste.
- Fill the tomatoes and replace the tops.
- Stand in a baking dish.
- Mix the oil and garlic with the chopped tomatoes and pour around the stuffed tomatoes.
- Bake in hot oven for 10- 15 minutes.