1 hr 20 mins
This is from ConAgra Foods. I like it because it uses common pantry ingredients. It's a healthy dish to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried brown lentils, picked over, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Spray 13x9-inch baking pan and medium skillet with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2Combine lentils, water and thyme in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover with tight fitting lid, reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, cut bell peppers lengthwise through stem into halves. Remove seeds and membranes. Place peppers, cut-side down, in pan. Bake 15 minutes or until tender.
- 4Heat skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add onion and celery. Cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring several times. Add undrained tomatoes, salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer, keep warm over low heat. Stir in drained lentils.
- 5Turn pepper halves over. Place half of tomato-lentil mixture in peppers. Top with half of the cheese. Add remaining tomato-lentil mixture and top with remaining cheeese. Bake 5 minutes more to melt cheese. Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 317.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 25.3 g