Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think these could be made OAMC.
- 2⁄3 cup red lentil
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 1 piece gingerroot, grated (1 inch)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Rinse lentils & soak for 30 minutes. Heat half oil in skillet.
- Add peppers & cook for 3 to 5 minutes till golden brown.
- Drain & cool. Add remaining oil to pan. Cook cumin seeds till they begin to pop. Add onions & chilies & cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir in ginger & coriander. Drain lentils & add to the pan with water.
- Stir well & cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes til lthe liquid has evaporated. Stir in salt & pepper.
- Add cilantro. Cut tops off peppers & remove seeds. Stuff with the lentils & replace the tops.
- Stand in a baking dish. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
A fantastic, flavorful dish. Serve with a side of couscous or pilau and its perfect!