From Sunset Magazine. This would be lovely for a vegetarian OAMC. Add the parsley and goat cheese after thawing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup french green lentil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 small turnips, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-in . cubes (about 1 cup)
- 5 small beets, peeled (or 3 large beets, halved)
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash (1/2-in. cubes)
- 4 cups stemmed chopped kale
- 5 baby carrots, trimmed and scrubbed
- 1/2 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 3 ounces aged goat cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, lentils, salt, pepper, thyme, and 4 cups water.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Add turnips, beets, and squash and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- 3Add kale and carrots and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in parsley and goat cheese. Serve immediately, accompanied by crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Stew With Winter Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 807.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: