Recipe by bmcnichol
We love this lentil stew. Adapted from Taste of Home's Country Ground Beef.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Wow - this hearty soup really hit the spot! I threw it all together after browning the beef into a crock pot and cooked for the afternoon - it smelled wonderful. DH had three big bowls for dinner last night and couldn't wait for leftovers today.
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and rinse lentils.
- In a saucepan, bring lentils, water and bouillon to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.