- 25 g dried mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 100 g red lentils
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes; drain and slice.
- Heat the oil and soften the onion.
- Stir in the spices.
- Add lentils and stock to the onion and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add peas and mushrooms and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- The stock should be absorbed and the lentils soft.