1/3 Photos of Lentil, Squash and Feta Salad
A little something I threw together one night. Great for a vegetarian meal. You can add some browned sausages on the side or sliced in the salad for meat lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the squash
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and thickly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
For the lentil salad
- 1Heat the oven to 200°C.
- 2Toss the squash with the olive oil and seasoning and roast in a baking tray for 30-40 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3About 10 minutes before the squash is done, add in the cherry tomatoes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the lentils according to the package instructions.
- 5Drain and let cool slightly.
- 6Mix with the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and brown sugar.
- 7Just before serving mix in the salad leaves and feta. Season to taste.
- 8Arrange the squash over the top. You may have a fair bit of squash left if you use a large squash. You can use this in other salads later or make it into a soup.
- 9If you like, you can also fry some sausages and onions and serve them alongside the salad. Or slice the sausages and mix them, once cooked, with the lentils.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil, Squash and Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 867.8
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 310.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.1 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: