Prep 5 mins
Cook 48 hrs
A great way to use lentil sprouts! UPDATE: Due to a review, I have tweaked this a little. The lemon juice makes a difference.
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 ripe avocado
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh herb, your choice (try parsley, cilantro, oregano, thyme, etc., or dried herbs)
- Sprout the 1/2 cup lentils for 2 days(See my recipe).
- Sprout the sesame seeds for 2 days, following same method(or used unsprouted).
- Place the lentils and sesame seeds in a food processor.
- Add the avocado, lemon and salt to taste.
- Add herbs according to what you like and process until smooth. I used cilantro and parsley with good results(about 1/4 cup each).
- You may use the spread on bread or toast or biscuits. Enjoy!
Yummy lunch! Thank you Sharon123! Although I had lentil sprouts, my sesame seeds were not sprouted, so they added a nice crunch to the mix. I mashed my avocados with a potato masher and left the lentils whole. Since I did not have fresh herbs on hand, my version of your recipe came out somewhat 'Oriental' with the addition of ginger paste, minced garlic, and Bragg's Aminos. Served on Genesis 1:29 bread with a sprinkle of cayenne. DH and I agree, it's a keeper! Thanks again!
I made this with dried parsley, oregano and thyme. It was very hard to get the blender to blend this well enough. I had to add water and then I added some lemon juice and soy sauce. I just couldn't seem to get the lentil taste "covered". If you like sprouted lentils, you will probably like this. I've found that I like the Snack Sprouts recipe (lentils seasoned and then dried.)