Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is from 365 One Dish Meals.
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked Polish kielbasa, quartered and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried lentils
- 6 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- In a large soup pot combine sausage, onion, carrots and celery. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 5-10 minutes or until sausage browns lightly.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the wine. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer 50-60 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in wine. Cook 5 minutes longer. Remove bay leaves before serving.