Recipe by Royapita
Haven't tried this yet. Found it on a random search and thought it sounded good. If anyone makes this before I do please let me know how it is.
- 1⁄2 cup salt pork, cut into very small cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a casserole, brown salt pork cubes over medium heat.
- Remove and, if desired, reserve salt pork cubes.
- Saute chopped onion and leek in salt pork fat.
- Stir in lentils.
- Pour in broth; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat; mix in minced celery and carrot, crushed garlic, bay leaf and chopped parsley.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until lentils are tender.
- Serve really hot, garnished if desired with reserved salt pork cubes.