1/1 Photo of Lentil Soup With Red Yeast Rice
Healthy Debbie's Note:
This is a basic lentil soup recipe served with red yeast rice. I recently discovered this rice and find it to be very tasty. Its beautiful, rich color makes it delightful to the eye as well! The red yeast rice is the product of yeast grown on rice and it is a dietary staple in some Asian countries. Red yeast rice is claimed to inhibit the formation of cholesterol. I hope you enjoy this recipe. You can coarsley chop the vegetables since they will be put into a blender at the end of the cooking. The rice can cook during the soup preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and then soak the lentils in enough water to cover for at least 20 minutes. Drain off and rinse.
- 2Put lentils into a saucepan with water for cooking.
- 3Add the other ingredients, except for the parsley, to the sauce pan.
- 4Cook until the lentils are tender which takes about 30 minutes.
- 5Cool and put into a blender to combine.
- 6Add fresh parsley and blend.
- 7Add water to taste.
- 8Rinse rice and cook in a saucepan with 2 cups water for about 25 minutes.
- 9Place a generous scoop of rice into a soup bowl and pour the lentil soup over it. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Soup With Red Yeast Rice
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.7
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 559.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red yeast rice