Lentil Soup With Minted Yogurt
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots and garlic and saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry, then lentils and stir 2 minutes.
- Add nine cups of broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender, adding more broth if soup is too thick and stirring occasionally, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Whisk yogurt, mint, cilantro, and basil in a small bowl to blend. Season herbed yogurt with pepper. Cover separately and chill.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Spoon generous dollops of herbed yogurt atop soup and serve.