Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was adapted from a recipe that was on the Food Network.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, white and light green part only, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb lentils
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a 6 quart pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, leeks, carrot, celery and garlic and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the kielbasa and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes. Stir in the lentils and mix well.
- Add the broth and the thyme and stir.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 50 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.