1/1 Photo of Lentil Soup With Italian Sausage
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (January 2010)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, fully cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 lb brown lentils
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 (5 ounce) package spinach leaves
- 1Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned (5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl.
- 2Stir in vegetables (onion - celery) and Italian seasoning; cook stirring until vegetables soften (8-10 minutes).
- 3Stir in lentils and the broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until lentils are tender (20-30 minutes).
- 4Stir in sausage and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in spinach, cooking until spinach is wilted (3-5 minutes).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Soup With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 1841.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: