Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo. That recipe may be frozen.
Top Review by Pesto lover
Very good soup. I used cumin instead of curry. Even though its been in the 90's this last week, I work in an office that is kept ice-box cold, so I enjoy soups for lunch. This soup is one that I will make often. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (I used cumin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced finely (I used 3 carrots)
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil, rinsed
- hot pepper paste (I used Sambal Oelek) or harissa (I used Sambal Oelek)
- salt and pepper (I didn't add salt)