Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from Ricardo. That recipe may be frozen.
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (I used cumin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced finely (I used 3 carrots)
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil, rinsed
- hot pepper paste (I used Sambal Oelek) or harissa (I used Sambal Oelek)
- salt and pepper (I didn't add salt)
- In a casserole, brown onions, garlic and curi powder or cumin in oil.
- Add carrots and sauté 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil, cover and let simmer slowly 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
Very good soup. I used cumin instead of curry. Even though its been in the 90's this last week, I work in an office that is kept ice-box cold, so I enjoy soups for lunch. This soup is one that I will make often. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This is a delightful soup; I really enjoyed all of the flavors. The curry and harissa really kicked it up a notch. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare, filling, and is full of flavor. I used part curry powder and part cumin for the spice. We like spicy food, and enjoyed it with quite a bit of hot pepper paste! Made for Mike and the Appliance Killers ZWT9.