1/1 Photo of Lentil Soup (Adas)
Gail in MN's Note:
I make this basic lentil soup for my family often.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place lentils in pan, add water and bring to a boil, skimming foam as needed.
- 2Add onion, cumin, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer on medium low for 45 minutes.
- 3Stir occasionally.
- 4Add more water as necessary.
- 5Add lemon juice before serving.
- 6Good served with chopped parsley, onions and/or lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Soup (Adas)
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 300.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.2 g