Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I make this basic lentil soup for my family often.
Make and share this Lentil Soup (Adas) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Place lentils in pan, add water and bring to a boil, skimming foam as needed.
- Add onion, cumin, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer on medium low for 45 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add more water as necessary.
- Add lemon juice before serving.
- Good served with chopped parsley, onions and/or lemon wedges.