Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick, tasty and healthy. Leave garlic cloves whole and it will melt nicely into the soup. Sprinkle grated Romano cheese on top to make it more delicious. Adding pasta to this soup makes it extra hearty and I strongly recommend storing leftover farfalle separately from the soup (as it tends to absorb all the liquid and get very soggy). This is my good friend Maxine's recipe and man can she cook!
- Rinse dry lentils.
- In large stock pot put lentils, carrots, celery, whole garlic, onion, chicken stock, water, olive oil, salt& pepper.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and let cook for approximately one hour.
- In separate pot, boil farfalle pasta.
- When done, drain and add approximately one tablespoon of olive oil to keep pasta from sticking.
- Cover the bottom of a soup bowl with cooked pasta and then fill with cooked lentil soup.
- Sprinkle grated Romano cheese on top and enjoy.
Great soup. I skipped the pasta as I was feeling like having something light and this really hit the spot. Thank you.
Very good and easy to make. Stores nicely in fridge for a few days. Keep pasta seperate as the recipe indicates. enjoy!
Excellent soup! I didn't have farfalle pasta so I used macaroni. Easy to make too! DH said I could make this again. :)