1/2 Photos of Lentil Soup
2 hrs 10 mins
Stella Mae's Note:
Excellent thick soup for a winter's night, and there's no need for salad. Serve with corn sticks or Mexican cornbread. Very filling, very delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop carrot and onion, chop celery.
- 2Heat butter in soup pot and add carrot, onion, celery.
- 3Cook, stirring until onion is transparent.
- 4Add bacon bones, lentils, undrained tomatoes.
- 5Crush tomatoes with a fork and add water and stock.
- 6Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- 7Simmer 1 1/2 hours or until lentils are tender as desired.
- 8Remove and discard ham bones.
- 9Season with pepper and stir in parsley.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 659.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.9 g