Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great filling soup/stew full of veggies and lentils. I serve it with cilantro, green onions, sour cream and cheese for toppings. Note - The recipe can easily be doubled.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200 g red lentils
- 946.36 ml chicken or 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Saute vegetables until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn down to a med-low simmer and cook for about 40 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- * I like to stir in about 1/2 tsp chipotle hot sauce when the soup is done.
This was great soup. It's pretty easy and so healthy and satisfying. I thought that it tasted even better the next day! Thank you!