Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This recipe and I have been fast friends ever since a fellow student gave it to me in Massage School almost 20 years ago. Excellent!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, large, chopped (abt. 2 cups)
- 3 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried lentils
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 2T dried parsley)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Saute onions in oil, then add carrots & spices. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth and lentils. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook in covered pot about 1 hour or until lentils are tender.
- Add salt, pepper, wine and parsley just at the end of cooking time.
- Sprinkle each portion with cheddar.