Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I've just recently before a fan of lentil soup. But on those cold and windy days this is a great meal. I've never tried any other lentil soup recipes but we think this one is very good.
- 1 lb smoked ham hock
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces dried lentils
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups spinach, shredded
- Mix all ingredients except spinach in 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-9 hours.
- Remove ham hocks from cooker.
- Remove meat, discard bones and skin.
- Stir ham and spinach into soup.
- Stir well before serving.