Recipe by prynces827
This was my Grandma's Recipe and a hearty, healty favorite. Great to get you through those chilly winter days.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock (Can use broth, I like Kitchen Basic's Chicken Stock)
- 2 cups dried lentils, rinsed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces whole tomatoes with juice, can
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in stock pot.
- Sweat garlic, onions, carrots and celery about 20 minutes.
- Add broth and heat until boiling.
- Stir in rinsed lentils and bring to boiling again.
- Stir in tomatoes, squeezing through sieve and parsley.
- Cook on low two hours, stirring occassionally.
- Just before finishing add ancini di pepe.