Very flavourful, even hard-core carnivores will find this adaptation very satisfying. It's my favourite comfort food, and it's very easy to eliminate the fat if you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (19 ounce) cans green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Club House "Lagrille" vegetable seasoning or 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 -3 cups mashed potatoes (your favorite recipe)
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sauté onion in olive oil until translucent.
- 3Add garlic, sauté 1 minute more.
- 4Add lentils, ketchup, mustard, baebecue sauce, and other seasonings, mashing a little to thicken the consistency.
- 5Place lentils in casserole dish (8x8-inch), then peas, then potatoes and optional cheese.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes or so, broiling for last couple of minutes to brown potatoes and/or cheese.
- 7I like this with ketchup on the side.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1094.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 189.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 85.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 73.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Club House "Lagrille" vegetable seasoning