- 1⁄2 lb dried lentils
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the lentils under running water in a sieve.
- Then drop them into boiling water, enough to cover by 2 inches.
- Simmer the lentils for 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper in a deep bowl. Mix well.
- Add the lentils, garlic, and jalapenos, and toss gently.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Once again this did not say to chill but -- I think I would.