1/2 Photos of Lentil Salad (Yemiser Selatta)
Charlotte J's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the lentils under running water in a sieve.
- 2Then drop them into boiling water, enough to cover by 2 inches.
- 3Simmer the lentils for 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- 4Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- 5Combine the vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper in a deep bowl. Mix well.
- 6Add the lentils, garlic, and jalapenos, and toss gently.
- 7Let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 8Once again this did not say to chill but -- I think I would.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Salad (Yemiser Selatta)
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 14.8 g