Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 lb dried lentils
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, minced
- Rinse the lentils under running water in a sieve.
- Then drop them into boiling water, enough to cover by 2 inches.
- Simmer the lentils for 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper in a deep bowl. Mix well.
- Add the lentils, garlic, and jalapenos, and toss gently.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Once again this did not say to chill but -- I think I would.
I loved this salad. I made it for lunch today using green lentils. I ate half of the salad myself! It is so easy, yet so flavorful. I didn't change a thing and will be making this again. Thanks!
this was a simple salad I liked it although I think this would be extra good with sprouted lentils to go along with the crunch from the jalapenos and bite from the vinegar. Made for ZWT 7 for Saucy Silverados
Very good! I used canned lentils, and added a bit of spinach and light feta for a super fast lunch to take to work. I let it sit overnight in the fridge and it was great. Thanks for posting, I'll be making this again.