Recipe by Sharon123
This salad improves with a day in the fridge! Adapted from the August issue of Gourmet magazine. I have added more vegetables.
Top Review by 932ninja
Out of control AWESOME!!!! I was looking for a lentil salad and I saw one by Sharon123 and knew this was the one! Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for another grand slam Sharon! We are trying to eat less factory farmed meat and more of what we grow and I had a ton of Basil and dill, so this was it! The only "change" I made was I added two small cucumbers and then chilled the whole thing when it was done. So, so good!!!!!!!!
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup French lentils
- 1 lb tomatoes, cored and diced
- 6 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped (or yellow)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or use balsamic vinegar)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water, table salt and lentils to boil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are fully cooked, about 20-30 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in the hot lentils and serve. Enjoy!