1/6 Photos of Lentil Salad With Tomatoes, Dill and Basil
This salad improves with a day in the fridge! Adapted from the August issue of Gourmet magazine. I have added more vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup French lentils
- 1 lb tomato, cored and diced
- 6 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped (or yellow)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or use balsamic vinegar)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh black pepper
- 1Bring the water, table salt and lentils to boil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- 2Reduce the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are fully cooked, about 20-30 minutes. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4Stir in the hot lentils and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Salad With Tomatoes, Dill and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (1916 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.2
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 536.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 12.2 g