Epicurious. Brown lentils can be used in place of the French lentils. Note 1 hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup french green lentil (lentilles de Puy)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups diced seed peeled cucumbers
- 2/3 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1Cook lentils in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain well.
- 2Combine vinegar, shallot and mustard in large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add lentils. Let stand until cool.
- 3Add cucumber, tomatoes, onion, dill, parsley and garlic to lentils. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- 4Crumble goat cheese over salad and mix gently to combine.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Salad With Tomatoes and Chevre
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.7
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 14.1 g