Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Epicurious. Brown lentils can be used in place of the French lentils. Note 1 hour chilling time.
Make and share this Lentil Salad With Tomatoes and Chevre recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup french green lentil (lentilles de Puy)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups diced seed peeled cucumbers
- 2⁄3 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- Cook lentils in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine vinegar, shallot and mustard in large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add lentils. Let stand until cool.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, onion, dill, parsley and garlic to lentils. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Crumble goat cheese over salad and mix gently to combine.