Epicurious. Brown lentils can be used in place of the French lentils. Note 1 hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup french green lentil (lentilles de Puy)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups diced seed peeled cucumbers
- 2/3 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1Cook lentils in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain well.
- 2Combine vinegar, shallot and mustard in large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add lentils. Let stand until cool.
- 3Add cucumber, tomatoes, onion, dill, parsley and garlic to lentils. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- 4Crumble goat cheese over salad and mix gently to combine.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Salad With Tomatoes and Chevre
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.7
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 14.1 g