1/1 Photo of Lentil Salad With Spinach Pecans and Cheddar
This comes from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. They say to serve this with a petite sirah. I’m posting it for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium pot, combine the lentils, onion, carrot, garlic, bay leaf, and enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- 3Drain; discard the onion, carrot, garlic and bay leaf.
- 4In a small frying pan, toast the pecans over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Chop them.
- 5In a large glass or stainless steel bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Add the oil slowly, whisking.
- 6Shred half of the spinach and put in a large glass or stainless steel bowl.
- 7Add the hot lentils, half of the dressing, the remaining vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss gently until the spinach wilts.
- 8Toss the remaining spinach with the remaining dressing and put on plates. Top with the lentil mixture and toasted pecans.
- 9Using a vegetable peeler, shave the cheese over the top.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Salad With Spinach Pecans and Cheddar
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 873.6
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 912.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 42.4 g