A hearty, filling lunch salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils or 1 1/2 cups brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 3/4 lb Italian turkey sausage link, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1Cook the lentils in boiling water to cover for about 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain, rinse with cool water, drain and set aside.
- 2Crumble the sausage into a large nonstick skillet.
- 3Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until browned, break up the sausage with a utensil; set aside to cool.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together the green and red peppers, celery, green onions, and parsley; add in the cooled lentils and sausage.
- 5To make the dressing: whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper; pour over salad; toss to coat.
- 6Line plates with lettuce leaves; spoon salad into the center; garnish with tomato wedges, eggs, and radishes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Salad With Italian Sausage and Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.8
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 150.5 mg
- Sodium 1160.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 36.2 g