Lentil Salad With Italian Sausage and Mustard Vinaigrette
- Cook the lentils in boiling water to cover for about 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain, rinse with cool water, drain and set aside.
- Crumble the sausage into a large nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until browned, break up the sausage with a utensil; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the green and red peppers, celery, green onions, and parsley; add in the cooled lentils and sausage.
- To make the dressing: whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper; pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Line plates with lettuce leaves; spoon salad into the center; garnish with tomato wedges, eggs, and radishes.