An Every Day with Rachael Ray recipe that is so delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups lentils, picked over
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 medium shallots, finely diced
- kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1Place lentils and bay leaves in a large saucepan.
- 2Cover with water by 2 inches.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Cover and reduce to a simmer.
- 5Cook for about 20 minutes until lentils are tender, but not falling apart.
- 6Drain in a colander and remove bay leaves.
- 7In a large non stick skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 8Add shallots and 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt.
- 9Reduce the heat to low and cook until shallots are medium brown in color.
- 10Stir frequently so they do not burn.
- 11Stir in 1/4 cup red wine vinegar.
- 12Cook for 3 minutes until vinegar is absorbed.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14In a small bowl whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons Kosher salt, mustard and pepper.
- 15Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil to emuslsify, add garlic and set aside.
- 16Remove garlic from vinaigrette before serving.
- 17Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat, add the pine nuts and gently toss until evenly golden brown.
- 18Cool on a plate.
- 19Spoon lentils into a large serving bowl.
- 20Stir in shallots and vingaigrette.
- 21Top with crumbled goat cheese and pine nuts.
- 22Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Salad With Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.5
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 106.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 13.6 g