Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An Every Day with Rachael Ray recipe that is so delish!
- 2 cups lentils, picked over
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 medium shallots, finely diced
- kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Place lentils and bay leaves in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until lentils are tender, but not falling apart.
- Drain in a colander and remove bay leaves.
- In a large non stick skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Add shallots and 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until shallots are medium brown in color.
- Stir frequently so they do not burn.
- Stir in 1/4 cup red wine vinegar.
- Cook for 3 minutes until vinegar is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons Kosher salt, mustard and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil to emuslsify, add garlic and set aside.
- Remove garlic from vinaigrette before serving.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat, add the pine nuts and gently toss until evenly golden brown.
- Cool on a plate.
- Spoon lentils into a large serving bowl.
- Stir in shallots and vingaigrette.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and pine nuts.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.