Lentil Salad With Goat Cheese and Mint
- Vinaigrette: Whisk everything but the oil together in a small bowl. Slowly pour the oil in, and whisk constantly until emulsified.
- Salad: Rinse lentils and place in a large saucepan with the water and bay leaf and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the lentils are cooking, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Drop in the onions for 20 seconds and drain, then toss with 1 tablespoon of Champagne vinegar.
- Drain, then toss the warm lentils in a large bowl with the vegetables and vinaigrette. Set aside and allow to marinate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally as the salad cools.
- Add mint and season with salt, pepper, and a splash of Champagne vinegar, to taste. Remove the bay leaf.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the salad and serve.